Remote applications which use a combination of gen-sets and renewable sources of energy.
Remote places typically rely heavily on diesel gen-sets, and often the gen-sets are combined with renewable energy sources such as wind turbines or solar panels. This is called a hybrid system
With hybrid systems two goals are always crucial – save fuel and ensure system reliability. ComAp controllers can communicate with various control systems to deliver required performance from the hybrid power generating system.
- Hybrid applications combine gen-sets (burning mostly fossil fuels) and renewable energy sources to reduce the amount of fuel burned.
- ComAp controllers feature fully automatic gen-set control and protections. This allows smooth operation of the system. They also provide full ECU support for ECU equipped engines.
- As many of these systems are located in remote locations they can profit from ComAp’s remote communication tools.
- ComAp controllers are also prepared to cooperate with 3rd party controller.
- Intercommunication between 3rd party system and ComAp controller can be realized via Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP or analog line.
- There can be up to 32 ComAp controllers connected together and working in this system (including InteliGen NT BaseBox, InteliSys NT BaseBox and InteliMains NT BaseBox).
- To ensure the system stability and to allow higher penetration of renewables ComAp has developed the function called Dynamic Spinning Reserve.
- This function allows the system to react flexibly to the changes in power produced by renewable energy sources.
- ComAp controllers can react to requested spinning reserve and keep the sufficient amount of gen-sets running to cover the drop in output of the renewable part (e.g. when the could covers the PV array).
- For activation of Dynamic Spinning Reserve it is necessary to install the hybrid software and activate the Dynamic Spinning Reserve function (contact your official distributor for activation).
Scope of supply:
SW is available for InteliSys NTC Basebox, InteliGen NT(C) Basebox and InteliMains NT(C) Basebox controllers.
- Brochure: Hybrid Solutions
- Software: IM-NT-HYBRID 1.0.0.
- Manual: IM-NT-HYBRID 1.0.0. New Features
- Software: IGS-NT-HYBRID 1.0.0.
- Manual: IGS-NT-HYBRID User Guide