- Hybrid applications combine gen-sets (burning mostly fossil fuels) and renewable energy sources to reduce the amount of fuel burned.
- Sunpower controllers feature fully automatic gen-set control and protections. This allows smooth operation of the system. They also provide full ECU support for ECU equipped engines.
- As many of these systems are located in remote locations they can profit from Sunpower’s remote communication tools.
- Sunpower has developed a dedicated controller for Hybrid applications InteliSysNTC Hybrid
- To ensure the system stability and to allow higher penetration of renewables Sunpower has developed the function called Dynamic Spinning Reserve.
- This function allows the system to react flexibly to the changes in power produced by renewable energy sources.
- Sunpower controllers can react to requested spinning reserve and keep the sufficient amount of gen-sets running to cover the drop in output of the renewable part (e.g. when the could covers the PV array).
- Fuel save mode manages outputs from gen-sets of different sizes, power outputs and different manufacturers, in such case the fuel save mode will automatically choose the most efficient combination of gen-sets based on their size to save some extra fuel.
- Interface to frequency inverters is necessary to prevent gen-sets from running under certain percentage of their nominal loads. In such case the controller regulates the inverter output to prevent the gen-sets from running under-loaded. Also in parallel to grid applications this allows to prevent the site from feeding the grid in places where it is not allowed.
Scope of supply:
- 1x InteliSys NTC Hybrid
- 1x InteliVision 17Touch
- 3x InteliVision 8
- 1x InteliSys NTC BaseBox
- 2x InteliVision 5
- 2x InteliGen NTC BaseBox
- 1x InteliMains NTC BaseBox
- 1x InternetBridge-NT